- January 8, 2019
- Posted by: afolabi akinwunmi
- Category: Agency News, Blog, Blog, Design Inspiration, Information Technology, Marketing & Branding, Technology, The Digital World
Lead generation is an ever-changing phenomenon simply because there would always be changes in buying behavior, in the evolution of technology and also in many other industry factors. It is utterly necessary as business owner or a brand to keep up with the best practices of lead generation if you want to attract qualified leads that you can convert into profitable long-term customers.
The following is an overview of several of the most important lead generation best practices and how it can be used to develop and increase sales with your business or brand.
- Define Your Audience and Increase Niche Segmentation
“The only way to win at content marketing is for the reader to say, ‘This was written specifically for me.'” -Jamie Turner
It all starts with knowing your audience. To create a great product or a high-quality content that will resonate with your audience and convert them from visitors to lead, you must know them and their pain points.
Increasing niche segmentation implies the process of breaking down your database of contacts/audience into smaller and more specific segments. This would extensively allow you to match your services and campaigns with the prospects and customers that are more likely to respond. It is an effective to boost your lead generation.
- Live Chat
A great way to engage your customers when they get to your site is through Live chat. It affords you the opportunity to guide them, answer their questions and generally, understand their specific needs.
Another benefit of using live chat for your business is that, it helps increase sales. Several studies have proven. One of the studies carried out by American Marketing Association Study shows that live chat can increase conversions by at least 20 percent and that the typical ROI rate from paid live chat software for sales teams is about 300%. The same report states that customers that use live chat are three times more likely to make purchases versus those who don’t.
Other ways Live Chat tool be helpful to for lead generation?
- Captures contact details of the customer: Before connecting the customer to the agent, you can let customer fill the form in which you can ask for his phone number and email Id. This might help you for follow-up and other lead generating aspects.
- Pro-active chat mode: When the same customers’ initiates live chat, you don’t have to ask again for their details, with such features the records are pre-saved with you. This helps to build the better rapport with the customer and indirectly helps in lead generation.
- Available 24*7: You can’t expect your visitors to contact you only in the particular part of the day. Therefore, 24×7 live customer support helps you to create better number of leads. Of course, for that, you need to arrange your customer representatives’ shift accordingly.
All of these studies have gone on to prove the point that live chat is effective in generating leads and making sales. Because live chat provides visitors with instant access to your support staff and sales team (and vice versa,) your team has many more opportunities to turn these visitors into paying clients or customers.
- Blogs are Powerful in Lead Generation
The strategy behind blogging and driving leads continues to evolve. Companies normally would optimize their blog posts in order to drive traffic from search engines, but then, it is equally important, if not more, to pay attention to your analytics so you would be able to figure out which content contribute to the highest response from a given audience.
Examine and measure your call-to-action tactics so you will be able to figure out if it has been generating a relatively low response rate. Also, test different CTAs with segments of audiences and content formats to figure out how your different buyers respond to the different methods.
- Patience and Discipline in Digital Communication
Lead generation occurs happens when the audience views your brand or business as a genuine and a potential provider of solutions they need. One way to achieve this is through social media as it allows you to focus on brand presence and demonstrate thought leadership through posting useful information for followers and engaging people directly through authentic conversations. All of these would culminate in creating a disciplined communication approach and also help establish rapport in the digital world and with the digital buyers.
- Connect with Brand Influencers
Brand influencers play a big role in communicating messages to their communities. The use of influencers by marketers will continue to grow in 2018. This growth is based on the significance that online users place on messages shared by peers.
Scout for influencers with high following on the community that has your desired audience. Reach out to them to discuss your brand and how they can help amplify whatever the objective of your brand at that given time is to their large following.
- Deeper Data and More Precise Targeting
The depth and breadth of big data continue to grow, allowing businesses to build more precise market segments and to target people with more relevant content.
The costs involved to build a tech infrastructure and processes that allow you to take advantage of big data are a common challenge for many companies. For this reason, outsourcing lead generation activities is another trend that will continue to rise into 2019.
These are some of the most important lead generation best practice worthy of note as you look to review your brand marketing strategies this year. Pay close attention to the technology and communication strategies used by top companies to achieve goals.